AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man shouldn’t play in the realm of the Gods

All new series premieres April 2 at 10/9c

The Gods are gone, banished to Olympus, a realm beyond human reach. Brave and selfless,
a young man named Hero searches for the truth of his past and the key to his destiny. In
the course of his journey, he will encounter figures of mythic legend, get caught in a war
between two kingdoms and learn he may be the key to the return of the Gods - and the
future of man.

http://www.syfy.com/olympus

Reactions: Young C

·
Registered
18,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to Google Dan Simmons "Illium". Looks good.

·
Premium Member
Bedroom: 50-in 1080p LCD, XG1v4 (Ultra HD DVR for Comcast), BD Player; Office: 32-in LCD, etc.
2,421 Posts
Just curious, is anyone else going to check this new show out? I figured I would give it a try. :D
My DVR is ready to record it and see if I like it. After all, occasionally Syfy accidentally produces a decent show (e.g., 12 Monkeys).

·
Premium Member
Bedroom: 50-in 1080p LCD, XG1v4 (Ultra HD DVR for Comcast), BD Player; Office: 32-in LCD, etc.
2,421 Posts
After reading the reviews I'm passing.
Generally I don't pay that much attention to reviews unless I am really familiar with the reviewer and the reviewer's biases.

I'm taping the midnight airing (stars 1 hour from now in the PDT time zone) so it will be tomorrow before I have opportunity to watch it for myself.

·
Registered
18,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to set my DVR. Anyone see it? Worth a watch?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I watched it and it was ok. If you love Greek mythology, you will probably like the show.

The show repeats Saturday (tomorrow) at 1am, according to http://www.syfy.com/schedule

Also, if you are on select providers, you can also watch the show on the same web site.

It's also already on the Comcast Video On Demand, but at this soon you would have to sit through all the commercials. :frown:

·
Registered
18,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I watched it and it was ok. If you love Greek mythology, you will probably like the show.

The show repeats Saturday (tomorrow) at 1am, according to http://www.syfy.com/schedule

Also, if you are on select providers, you can also watch the show on the same web site.

It's also already on the Comcast Video On Demand, but at this soon you would have to sit through all the commercials. :frown:
Thanks. I do like Greek mythology. Was going to watch On Demand, but hate not being able to skip commercials. Since it's airing again at 1am I'll record it.

·
Registered
454 Posts

Was it similar to BBCA's Atlantis? That show just got canned, so I'm looking for a similar replacement.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Just watched Ep 1. 15 minutes in & deleted.

From what I saw, it has these problems:

1. from what I saw, mediocre acting
2. no setup at all to the plot & what's going on. Just plops you in the middle of some semblance of a story although it's not clear what the "story" is. Very poor way to begin a new series.
3. I've watched Atlantis since it's beginning and Atlantis was far superior from the gitgo PLUS it had a sense of humor which this show totally lacks. There's just no interesting characters, even the "hero" is bland. I was hoping the cyclops would get him or the "oracle" would get away - at least it would have been interesting ;) 15 min and I was bored to tears.

I like good fantasy. Sorry, but this didn't grab me and I didn't read any reviews to bias my opinion. I was hoping for a decent show on SyFy to tide me over to the finale of Continuum, Defiance, Childhood's End, Expanse, etc but this wasn't it.

The really good news is Game of Thrones starts next week followed by Orphan Black so April will be a good month for genre fans :cool:

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
3 reviews I read yesterday universally panned this show's 1st episode.

for those who missed Atlantis, buy, rent and catch-up so you can watch it's final eps. Unless this SyFy turkey improves, watching Atlantis will be a far better use of your time. Mark Addy (Baratheon from GoT S1) plays Hercules and every ep has touches of humor in it as well as "serious" plot :) there's also Alexander Siddig from ST-DS9.

the acting in Atlantis blows away what I saw in 15 min of this stinker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts