AVS Forum banner

441 - 457 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
It turns out I was missing a male xlr to male RCA cable but I have one now. I may hook them up Saturday but may wait until the new rear chairs come in.

The middle two bonded leather Berklines from Roman completely self destructed, the bonded leather is peeling away from the underlayer in large strips.

I ordered two genuine leather chairs from the guys at HTMarket and might wait on the buttkicker install until those get here.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Ouch that looks nasty. I don't want to burn down my house! I bought it off of @KBMAN and he said that it works great, so hopefully this is a good one and not a smoker. I definitely won't leave it running and now that you warned me about this, I won't sit it directly on the carpet behind the back row as I was planning.
nebrunner I was slightly concerned when I learned of this 'catching fire' issue about these amps...but in the 2-3 years of owning THE ONE I SOLD YOU, I never had a problem...In fact, i just plain forgot about this issue, until you mentioned me a few weeks ago. It 'should' be just fine. Just turn off the amp when you are not using it. Thats what worked for me. Hope you are enjoying the Buttkickers!

Terry

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #444 (Edited)
Thanks @KBMAN. I did get everything hooked up this weekend and they are pretty cool. I have them turned down very low as they get overpowering if you have the volume up much on that amp.

They were too large to fit inside the chairs so I had to mount a 2x8 to the back of the platform with lag screws and then bolt them onto the 2x8. I have the BK amp inside the theater room, sitting on a block back behind the seats. I'll turn it on only when necessary. They are getting signal through a little wireless box, first one of these that I have ever used.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Thanks @KBMAN. I did get everything hooked up this weekend and they are pretty cool. I have them turned down very low as they get overpowering if you have the volume up much on that amp.

They were too large to fit inside the chairs so I had to mount a 2x8 to the back of the platform with lag screws and then bolt them onto the 2x8. I have the BK amp inside the theater room, sitting on a block back behind the seats. I'll turn it on only when necessary. They are getting signal through a little wireless box, first one of these that I have ever used.

Hey, That's pretty cool to see my old gear, back in action! I'm glad they worked out for you! Yeah, those things can slam pretty good, especially with that amp. Have fun!!! :cool:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Has anyone in Omaha been able to figure out how to get a Harmony Hub remote to work with the Cox Contour 2 (Cisco 9865) boxes.

Thanks

EdL

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Not us, we have Century fiber, dropped Cox last year. No cable at all, only internet.

I still haven't gotten 4k HDR working on the new JVC projector but I did get my first pair of bifocals last week and watching a movie with them on FEELS like I'm watching a movie in 4k.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not us, we have Century fiber, dropped Cox last year. No cable at all, only internet.

I still haven't gotten 4k HDR working on the new JVC projector but I did get my first pair of bifocals last week and watching a movie with them on FEELS like I'm watching a movie in 4k.
In case any one is interested, I purchased this IR adapter from Amazon for $16 and it works perfectly with Contour box. SMH, Cox told me my only option was their RF remote.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0107LT77S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EdL

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Omaha has had some bad weather lately and our public schools have been closing so my son and I have spent a lot of time snowed in. He finally got to watch Ghostbusters and he loved it, now he wants to be a Ghostbuster for halloween. (Take THAT Harry Potter!)

We started building him a halloween costume out of stuff in our recycle bin:

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Omaha has had some bad weather lately and our public schools have been closing so my son and I have spent a lot of time snowed in. He finally got to watch Ghostbusters and he loved it, now he wants to be a Ghostbuster for halloween. (Take THAT Harry Potter!)

We started building him a halloween costume out of stuff in our recycle bin:

Nice Proton pack. Looks a lot like the one from Walmart for around $70 bucks. Now he needs some friends to join him.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Thanks @KBMAN . I did get everything hooked up this weekend and they are pretty cool. I have them turned down very low as they get overpowering if you have the volume up much on that amp.

They were too large to fit inside the chairs so I had to mount a 2x8 to the back of the platform with lag screws and then bolt them onto the 2x8.

FYI I believe the buttkickers work a lot better when they're vertical, rather than horizontal

Also what I tend to do with mine is use my MiniDSP 2x4 to create a curve where they're more effective at the low end, as not to overpower midbass :)

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Nice, but I would love to have that for my riding lawn mower and other yard tools instead of my garage.

441 - 457 of 457 Posts