AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Iscan pro right now that I am using with my 50" Plasma with great results.It is the first component that would allow me to watch dss and cable stuff on my plasma with a pleasing picture.

That being said,I have been hearing some nice things about the Omega One processor.What I really need to know is how much if any improvement will I see over the Iscan pro.I know that the Omega has better inputs.But I just want to know PQ vs PQ.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've used both. IMHO it's a toss up.

They both do good film mode. The O1 has more inputs. The both do good video. The iScan software is more mature with no shimmering detail and no flickering brightness issues that my O1 shows.

I felt the IScan had a cleaner, less noisy picture, perhaps a testament to better design on the analog side of the unit, but the O1 still looks great.

If you're not dying for the switcher feature stick with the iScan, the picture quality difference is not all that great.

IMHO, with a plasma I'd save the pennys for a NRS that matched it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ianken

Thanks for the info,just what I needed to hear.Well that is one last thing I need to buy for my hobby(addiction).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.