AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Gettin' back to the oldies, but goodies!

I would like to hear the spatial difs and how do I find the tube(s) when they burn out?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Quote:
However, you must have equipped a set of speakers with S/PDIF supported. With this S/PDIF digital input connecting to the S/PDIF digital output on motherboard, you can be totally pleased in audio performance by outputting the most of this function.
This board also has the Dr Voice II module, which will explain mobo problems and POST failures in spoken English. This could be quite funny.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi EricN:

___This is probably more of a fun type post than serious ;) AOpen hasn’t done much since there signature series BX boards quite some time ago …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
xcel, don't dis this too quickly - have you ever heard tube amps vs digital?

For me it has been awhile, but tube was much more lifelike every time. Remember Carver??

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
It's funny, I was just headed over to the forum to post something about this great motherboard, and someone beat me to the punch; I suspect another Slashdot reader :)

Anyway, speaking of Bob Carver: "Ninety per cent of the sound quality that we typically attribute to vacuum tubes comes from the output impedance."

The full article: http://www.audio-ideas.com/interview/carver.html

·
Registered
830 Posts
After doing this HTPC game since 1998, this has got to be the most whacked out product I have possibly ever seen.

It's so whacky I may just have to buy one...

Today my friends, I have seen it all.

T.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think its pretty cool but just somthing to show off. If you want real tube performance just buy a real preamp and amp ( nothing sounds better ).

ramick:

Tubes are readily available for high end and guitar pre amps and amps. It looks like they are just using a very common 12au tube any-ways. try www.partsexpress.com if your looking for any.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Putting a vacuum tube on a Realtek audio chipset is like putting mag wheels on a Yugo.

I still wouldn't buy it. I bet an M-Audio would still sound better.

Robert

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Valnar
Putting a vacuum tube on a Realtek audio chipset is like putting mag wheels on a Yugo.
You got a problem with my car?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonmx
You got a problem with my car?
He he he..... Of course, the only thing wrong with that motherboard is there aren't enough slots. How will I fit my M-Audio in there? :D :D

Robert

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
"have you ever heard tube amps vs digital? "

Huh? Transitors are analog, they only turn digital when you drive them to saturation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Valnar

Robert
I think there are two separate built-in audio devices. One is the Tube , and the other is the 6 channel Realtek that works a lot like the built in C-media Chipsets. Using the mic and Line in as the Surround outputs.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've heard of Solid-State amps, but digital, wow... haven't looked at Meridian stuff, maybe they have some of those :).

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sound's like a unique cooling problem. I mean, what kind of fan do you put on a vacuum tube?

Best regards,

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Yes, the original poster confused "digital" with "solid-state analog", but if you want a true digital amp, here you go:

http://www.tact.de/MKII.html

The PCM-to-PWM technology behind this is actually available in chips from TI if you want to implement it yourself... :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.