AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that a tuner card along with my ATI 9500 going to my Hitachi HDTV through a DVI cable would look better then using a cable box and composite connections. Man was I wrong. It looks aweful.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
What tuner card do you have?

How have you connected cable to the tuner card? Don't use the tuner cards tuner, use it as a capture card by hooking your cable box to it via s-video or composite.

What software are you using? If you aren't using Dscaler, get it and see if the results are better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well one of the main reasons that I got the tuner card was so that I could eliminate the cable box.

This is the one I bought Linkaroonie

I already returned it though so I can not check the things that you suggested. :(

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Best way to get video into your PC is to use a good quality capture card (one without a tuner), like the Flyvideo or some others. Second, get dScaler to deinterlace the image and your Radeon card will scale it to the proper resolution for your Hitachi.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Amen, please use a good SVHS VCR or digital cable box with Svideo out for your video source and input into Svideo of a good capture card as mentioned above. Tuner in these cards are barely adequate for small computer screen and not good for larger TV or projection. Dscaler 4 is a must to clean up your image.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am attempting to watch Cable TV via a TV Tuner ( Rg 6 input from the cable box )

What is a good TV Tuner ?

I don't think it will be necessary for a capture card ??

1) I am just getting a simple Firewire capture card for the purpose of playing DV tapes from DV camera ( advice appreciated if it works trying to input it in PC via firewall and playback simultaneously via Projector (via DVI)

2) any brand & model recommendation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.