AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all. Currently i own the AV12 3 X-SLS encore speakers but the wife and i dont really care for the moho finish and would like some new speakers and ere is what im looking at.

The JAMO is a 3.0 deal for 350.00 the mains have 2 eights BUT the center only has 2 fours???. I know that REALLY don't matter but they don't even have the same tweeter
http://www.wwstereo.com/#/ecommerce/...103__0_0_0_-1/

The second is the OMNI deal at vanns http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...c=HP071709_DOW . Never heard the omniwave speakers before but think i will like them my only problem is on the left side of the room the speaker will be right up next to the wall.

Do the jamo and mirage compare to the x-sls i don't care if its a lateral move more than a upgrade just want the av123 speakers out.Not that they sound bad or anything just dont like the finish)

P.S. any one need a pair of new x-sls speakers in moho

· Registered
29,554 Posts
I got the E680 and S60 center and even though the S 60 has 4" drivers, they sound great together. The s60 has enough bass that its not overwhelmed by the large towers.

Never heard the other speakers you mentioned so I can't help you there.

· Registered
176 Posts
I'll chime in, having heard the omni 550's. I really liked them. Mirage obviously has a different sound; not as direct, but really fills the room up well. At the price they're at, it's a good deal. As for the av123's only heard them once a while ago. I too wasn't a big fan of the finish. Very light, and difficult to match in the room from an aesthetic point of view. I thought they were ok, but a bit overpriced for comp in their price range.

Good luck in your endeavors!

· Registered
224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojita /forum/post/16875430

Damn I'm in the same boat between the Omni 550's and the JAMO 680's.

I was right there with you guys up to yesterday. I decided on the Jamo E680's for two reasons. First, and most important, I was able to listen to Jamo while being unable to audition Mirage. Second, I saved $40 going with Jamo.

I still may go with a pair of Omni 150's for surrounds. I've read the omnipolar design works well reducing the directionality of the speaker.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply's guys. Thinking im going with the OMNI 550 deal from vanns

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.