AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here using an Omnimount PMD-series mount with the Panasonic PT-AE700U projector (or similar model)? There are three models that Omnimount offers, the PMD.5, PMD1, and PMD2. All seem nearly identical, but have a different sized "plate" for connecting to the projector and claim differing weight limits.

The smallest (PMD.5) claims support for up to 20lbs. The PT-AE700U is under 10lbs, so it would seem like that's all I would need, but I'm wondering if I need to worry about the mounting plate being too small to reach the screw-holes on the PT-AE700U.

Also, at some point I may upgrade my projector and I'm wondering if I should go with the PMD1 or PMD2 just in case I need the larger size later. OTOH, is there any reason I should worry about the PMD1 or PMD2 being too big?

Any other opinions on these mounts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I went with the PMD1. The instructions seem pretty horrible, but I think I've got it figured out.

One thing I'm unsure of...the part of the mount that connects to the ceiling studs. There are four holes, with four lag bolts. First, do I really need such large lag bolts? Second, I don't think my ceiling studs are going to be wide enough to allow me to fit all four screws into the single stud. The screwholes are 4" apart. My ceiling studs (2x6's I believe) are only going to be about 1.5" thick/wide? So, I see how I could use two screws, but the other two would just be going into sheetrock. Would I be better off not even using them at all and just using two screws total?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts