AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to see if anyone has any experience/comments about using the Mirage Omnisats only as surrounds. My current setup consists of

Receiver Arcam AVR200

L/R Fronts Triangle Titus 202

CC Triangle Sextan 202

Rears Old Bose 201’s

Sub Velodyne SPL 1000

The Bose were always a temporary fix. My plan had originally been to move the Titus's to the rear and buy Floor standing Triangles for the front. However, the idea of stand mounted surround speakers is losing its appeal on all fronts (WAF, wild kids, budget,) plus the Titus are plenty for me up front.

The Omnisats are appealing because they can be wall/ceiling mounted, are not too big and they are not in-wall, But does anyone have experience as to how they sound and integrate when they are used for just the surrounds in a system?

Any thoughts are welcome.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was interested in exactly the same concept. I think the omnisats would be incredible in the surround role.

I am considering 4 omnisats and 3 VMPS 626Rs for a 7.1 setup. I asked a few days ago; but, I did not get much feedback from anyone about this sort of approach.

I am a bit concerned about timbre match with front to back pans. However, it would seem that any non-monopole surround would never be a perfect timbre match to monopole mains even with identical drivers/crossovers. It would seem to me that the reflected sound would have a different timbre no matter what.

I definitely prefer a more ambient/enveloping sound from my surround speakers, even if I give up a little in timbre uniformity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.