AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a very tight budget...I have points saved up through Amazon, so I have to go through Amz.

I am looking at either the PA-120 @ $259 or the BIC F-12 @ $185. I currently have $200 in points from Amazon so the Bic f-12 would be free, so that is a plus. I like the PL200, but it is listed for 330 on amazon, which is too much for a sub you can get for 280 on other sites.

I have also considered the Polk [email protected] $249...but Polk subs dont get a lot of love on here.

The room it will be going in is fairly big, with openings to the dining room, foyer, and kitchen, so any of these are going to be small, but I need something. My L/R speakers are Polk R50's and the center is a Polk CS2.

Recommendations?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know its a small budget, but until i get out of school, it will have to do. Any reason you suggest the f12 over the PA-120?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Get 2 F12's! One free with your points and pay for a second - more bass, more happy, same money!

For the record I have the PA120, it's ok and in my large-ish room needs to be cranked past 70% to get it to do much. The graphs on the F12 seem better.

·
Registered
896 Posts
To be honest they are in the same "ball park". The PA-120 would more than likely have the advantage over the F-12 but how much... prob. not much? Anyhow, given the situation with the Amazon $200 its safe to say the F-12 would be the better bet.

·
Registered
11,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaBelly /forum/post/20800303

i know its a small budget, but until i get out of school, it will have to do. Any reason you suggest the f12 over the PA-120?

They are very comparable subs and the F12 is cheaper. Might as well put that savings toward something else, or even a second sub.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
F12 is looking like it might be it. My receiver is currently in the shop, if it turns out to be an easy fix, ill be ordering the f12 this week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ordered my F-12 today. Got it for $184 with 2-day shipping with amazon prime. I hope im pleased with it; this is my first sub so im sure it will do what I need it to do.

I will find out by the end of this week if my receiver is fried or not...im hoping its just an easy repair, I sure dont need to be dumping money into a new receiver right now.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaBelly /forum/post/20807191

Just ordered my F-12 today. Got it for $184 with 2-day shipping with amazon prime. I hope im pleased with it; this is my first sub so im sure it will do what I need it to do.

I will find out by the end of this week if my receiver is fried or not...im hoping its just an easy repair, I sure dont need to be dumping money into a new receiver right now.

Just recently got an F-12 and I think it is great. I also ordered from Amazon and had no issues. Arrived, plugged in and ready to go...Enjoy I think that you will really like it. I was in same boat, and could not find any justification to order the on eover the other, so went with the F-12. It is a pretty decent sized sub

·
Registered
534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaBelly /forum/post/20798489

I'm on a very tight budget...I have points saved up through Amazon, so I have to go through Amz.

I am looking at either the PA-120 @ $259 or the BIC F-12 @ $185. I currently have $200 in points from Amazon so the Bic f-12 would be free, so that is a plus. I like the PL200, but it is listed for 330 on amazon, which is too much for a sub you can get for 280 on other sites.

I have also considered the Polk [email protected] $249...but Polk subs dont get a lot of love on here.

The room it will be going in is fairly big, with openings to the dining room, foyer, and kitchen, so any of these are going to be small, but I need something. My L/R speakers are Polk R50's and the center is a Polk CS2.

Recommendations?

looks like i'm too late, but if I recall the much recommended PL-200 can be picked up for $289 somewhere by making an offer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jterp7 /forum/post/20808731

looks like i'm too late, but if I recall the much recommended PL-200 can be picked up for $289 somewhere by making an offer.

It can be, but its on another website and I had to use Amazon Points. I think people have been getting the pl200 for even 270...but im not sure. I would have bought the pl200 on Amazon but it is listed for $330 on that site.

I was lucky to have $200 worth of Amz points so I basically got the F12 for free, with $10 left over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts