AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just started happening. We'll watch a movie in 3d....no problem. Then, 20 minutes later, we'll sit down to watch again and the display will announce that we need a 3d display and player to watch a disc. Why was it okay earlier but now it doesn't seem to recognize my 3d capabilities? The other night, we ran into this and tried everything we could think of *so much stuff that I can't even recall what I tried or in what order. After about 30 minutes, voila...3d. Then, the next night, same thing. I tried again for a half hour and finally updated my blu ray player and tried again and there was my 3d! We ate dinner and sat down to another movie but started getting the same message...you must have a 3d capable display and player to watch this disc in 3d. 2d works fine. In fact, every other aspect of this TV is a dream to behold! Anyway, after about an hour I gave up trying to get the 3d to work. Am I missing something or could there be a ghost in the machine? Or is it just that my marvelous 3d TV has a stupid owner?

·
Registered
675 Posts

This just started happening. We'll watch a but started getting the same message...you must have a 3d capable display and player to watch this disc in 3d. 2d works fine.

This sounds like a message from the disc software so it might be the Blu-ray player or TV. Do you get this message from different 3D discs or only from that one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.