AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new here and ive done some reading on the site before posting, sorry if i am asking a question that has already been answered.

I have a yamaha 6.1 500 watt receiver, 100 watt yamaha sub, a set of jbl e60 tower speakers. Im looking to get a new center cnannel and two satalite speakers. My goal is good movie/gamming sound, meaning pretty good bass and actually being able to hear voices in movies. any suggestions on speakers and or settings on my receiver would be a great help.

the receiver has so many settings that i have no idea where i should start and setting it up for my system.

-thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
um well i would like to spend as little as possible so im looking to add to my existing set up rather than replace the whole deal...so i could pry scrap 250-300 dollars together for the project but acheiving my goal while spending less would be better

also thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well since a system should have speakers from the same series in order to have a consistent soundstage, the matching center channel, and probably the best fit for your main speakers is the JBL Northridge EC35. The series is however discontinued, so you will have to check ebay, craigslist, or somewhere else to find it. The series that replaced it looks to be the 'Performance', so the P35 may be the next best bet. The matching rear channel speakers would be the JBL Northridge E20, of course these too are discontinued.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts