AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we should keep a thread of these places marking the good for the bad.

GOOD

1) summitsource.com; Had to wait for CM-7000 to come in stock but easy ordering and they even held shipping to i returned from florida like i asked.

2) DTVPAL.com; shipped DTVPAL in it's own box no protecting packaging but did get the unit pretty quick.

Suspicous

1) Convertmy TV.com; Maxmedia box which we all know what happened here.

2) Digitalstar.com; Ordered DTVPAL last month around 6/26 and today july 9th received email saying it was shipped. They did burn my coupon and charged credit card the right amount.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i did some on that thread but rat is right, it doesn't inform the good from the bad. there is no excuse for the retailer not to inform a buyer of when their item is shipped since it's the carrier who notifies the recipient of this and gives tracking numbers.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat /forum/post/14240529

No, Beeper restricted that other thread to those who actually received boxes. They are not the same topic.

The reason that I was trying to restrict ratings to "actually received hardware" was because newer boxes may be in short supply and back ordered.

The DTV Pal is a perfect example of a new product that is in constant backorder. If you ordered one outside of DTVpal.com, you may be better off waiting for a back order to get the newer software version.

Be patient.

If you haven't received the product, you can't leave a complete rating.

(which didn't stop dagger666 from rating digitalstar.)

There were already other threads related to the various vaporware and undelivered boxes.

Beeper

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dagger666,

I think you made a typo. According to your previous posts on another thread, you ordered your DTVPal from digitalstar on 6/30.

Have a nice day

·
Registered
762 Posts
Looking at the title of this thread I had thought that you had decided to do a price list like zhenerale and I were doing or just a list of NTIA approved online retailers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts