AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else really shocked at what appears to be a new form of advertising during the PGA golf telecast? Several times during today's show, a huge logo for InFocus would pop up in the upper left corner and stay there for about 15 seconds. No mention was made during the commentary and then it disappeared. It's almost like they're emulating the banner pages of web sites. Network bugs are bad enough, but if this is a trend of things to come, we're in real trouble.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It was not advertising. It came up every time Ricky Barnes was shown. He was the "In Focus" player of the telecast - whatever that means.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying that the use of the registered trademark "InFocus" wasn't related to InFocus Corporation? I assumed that tomorrow we would have Phil Mickelson as the "Budweiser" player of the day.

If you're right, then ABC is in for some trademark violation grief.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foelker
Are you saying that the use of the registered trademark "InFocus" wasn't related to InFocus Corporation?
Since the logo on ABC looked nothing like the InFocus Corp logo and ABC didn't mention "InFocus Corp" once in the 2+ hours I saw, yes that is what I'm saying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.