AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to set up my xbox360, dvd player and my media player using HDMI inputs, BD, HDMI1 and HDMI2 respectively.

My HDMI out is connected to the tv...i tried setting my the inputs but never got the display on my tv...i was able to hear the sound though.

AV Receiver Pioneer VSX-1018AH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the following steps from the manual to reset the system, this still didint work, i can see the settings display(setting up the speakers/inputs etc) on my tv, just not the media content.

Resetting the system

Use this procedure to reset all the receiver’s settings to

the factory default. Use the front panel controls to do this.

1 Switch the receiver into standby.

2 While holding down the front panel STEREO/A.L.C

button, press and hold  STANDBY/ON for about two

seconds.

The display shows RESET?.

3 Press the front panel AUTO SURR/STREAM DIRECT

button.

The display shows OK.

4 Press SOUND RETRIEVER to confirm.

OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver

has been reset to the factory default settings.

• Note that all settings will

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaforester  /t/1417546/on-video-display-using-hdmi-out#post_22171481

I used the following steps from the manual to reset the system, this still didint work,

Hi gaforester, try turning off your system (receiver, components and tv). Remove receiver & tv power cord from wall outlet and wait a few minutes. Then reconnect power cords, turn on your system in a certain order ... source, receiver and last tv (allow a few seconds between) or tv, receiver and last source.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This also didint work

I would have given up on this receiver but the fact that it is showing me the receiver settings on the tv is telling me this might work. Just need to figure out whats wrong.

When I play a movie from my source i can hear the sound but not see the picture, this means HDMI is working.

Is there a way i can perform some tests to gather more data?

Any other setting that i might me missing?

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's really awesome you're not getting any help from the people around here. I was having the same issue and my thread is mysteriously gone now.

The issue is an HDMI Handshake. My Projector can get a signal from my Xbox directly but when connected to the VSX 1021 - only audio, no video. The answers I have found outside AVS seem to point to HDMI Handshake. Only resolution I have been able to find is using Component cables instead. Crappy resolution in my opinion.

The "fix" I have seen posted a few times is turn everything on in this order. TV, AVR, Source (Xbox). That should resolve it according to most. Doesn't resolve mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts