AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a wall mounted below the TV center channel upgrade but only if it is a big enough upgrade to justify it.

Under $1000

Currently:

Center Channel: Atlantic Technology FS3200C

Fronts: Polkaudio rti10

Subwoofer: Epik Legend

Rears: In Wall Boston Acoustics

Receiver: Denon 2112

I'd like the depth to be under 4 inches, and around 8 inches tall. It can probably be as wide as it needs to be since it will be below a 65 inch TV.

I've found recommendations of:

Definitive Technology Mythos Ten

Totem Tribe (Which model? How much are they? Can they be bought online?)

Revel C10 (How much? Can it be bought online?)

What else? Any info on these?

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,836 Posts
With Polk fronts you should probably consider getting a center from them as well. That way, the voicing will be similar.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Comes in black and cherry finishes:

JBL LC2 - a 4-way with dual 6" woofers so should have no problem with just about any soundtrack.

Also, JBLs generally seem to sound a bit bright to many people, so they have a decent chance of matching up pretty well with your Polks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
VM20 from polk audio will match closer then any of your choices. The Mythos 10 is a great center channel but better paired with Mythos series fronts and surround speakers.

The center channel is the worse speaker to mis match in a system. You can get away with it on surround channel speakers if they are close in timbre.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking of getting a third RTI10 and putting it vertical in the middle, but my girlfriend doesn't like the idea.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileychris  /t/1416759/on-wall-center-channel#post_22165974

Curious. What don't you like about the FS-3200?

Not sure acoustically, but I'd like a speaker that's less deep and a bit wider to look better with a 65 inch above it. However, I don't want to downgrade in sound quality.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts