AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled the trigger on a Pioneer 500m that will be mounted on the "new" fireplace, being enclosed with drywall with a recessed box for the TV. I want to mount speakers around the TV, possibly with the CC on the mantel below the TV. I seen the DT Mythos 3/2 combo at BB, a bit pricey but very sweet looking. Any recommendations on those speakers or a comparable brand that will fit in with the TV setup.Cheers.

· Registered
6,154 Posts
I'd go with something with more muscle than DT.

Take a look at JBL L820 and LC2 for on-walls, they easily play down to 60 htz.

· Registered
664 Posts
Do you have room around the TV in the recessed area?

Leon custom matches every LCR speaker to the exact width and finish of the TV.

Leon speakers featured on HGTV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7JjnXxL_5g

Besides Leon there are now several other companies producing some very upscale LCR options, although not all will match width and finish.

· Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfeng /forum/post/16823297

Just pulled the trigger on a Pioneer 500m that will be mounted on the "new" fireplace, being enclosed with drywall with a recessed box for the TV. I want to mount speakers around the TV, possibly with the CC on the mantel below the TV. I seen the DT Mythos 3/2 combo at BB, a bit pricey but very sweet looking. Any recommendations on those speakers or a comparable brand that will fit in with the TV setup.Cheers.

Another good option is Atlantic Technology FS3200. They have the FS3200LR (black side speakers, about 4" deep to match to most plasmas, 2 active woofers, 1 passive and a 1" soft dome tweeter). The center is an FS3200C, matched with the same drivers, but designed to be horizontal below the TV.

They also make a self contained LCR if you want a big sleeker look to it (FS4000 and FS5000). Just another possibility.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.