AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While surfing the net for a card that does digital audio over the pci bus instead of using the silly to-the-soundcard audio pass-through cable, I stumbled across "The Little OnAir TV" card, which can do the following (quote):

"Little OnAir TV/FM card is the first TV card among PCI bus mastering system TV cards that supports the "afterimage removal mode". Other TV cards that are using BT878/848 from Conexant (Brooktree) display captured images on a monitor and provide sharp pictures and excellent video-capture functions. However, they exhibit afterimages frequently in fast moving objects from sports game, scrolling caption, computer games etc. This is very distracting and sometimes causes you a headache from a short distance. Our Little OnAir TV/FM removed the afterimages by improving Little OnAir TV/FM driver and the software for the first time in the world."

This quote is from http://www.sasem.co.kr/english/ . Surf to Little OnAir TV.

Do anyone have any information about what they're doing or if it's just BOB or WEAVE deinterlacing?

------------------

-Torgeir

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sounds like they're describing some kind of adaptive deinterlacing. My hunch is that dScaler is better than whatever they're doing. They might even be shipping dScaler -- nothing against that in the license as long as they include the source.

Probably worth someone taking a look, though. Competition is always a good thing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
> They might even be shipping dScaler -- nothing against

> that in the license as long as they include the source.

That is easy enough to check. I just downloaded the driver and see no source code or even a hint of dscaler or dTV. How do we know it isn't just 100% "bob" interpolation? I guess someone will have to buy the card and test it.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Also the files dates on the app are 1999 so I think we acn safely say DScaler is not involved, would be interesting to see what they have done, but I would guess it's just BOB.

John

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi, All

I think that their HD D/TV tuner processor board is definitely worth looking at up close. http://www.sasem.co.kr/english/

OnAir DTV Pro Specification

- Best receiving rate by SONY Tuner + VSB Module

- Supports ATSC / NTSC

- Video output resolution : 1920X1080i, 1440X1080i, 1280X720P, 1024X 768P,

720X480P, 720X480i

1920 x 1080i in 17inch monitor by direct control

- Supports two screen ratio (16 : 9 Wide , 4 : 3 Normal)

- Supports VIP 1.1 & VOP (Overlay by PCI Bus)

- Supports NTSC Progressive Mode (30, 60 Hz)

- Embedded 16MB SDRAM

- Supports RGB Video output

- Supports Component (Y-Pb-Pr) Video output for Digital Ready TV

&nbs and Projector

- Supports Dual Monitor Display (Overlay & RGB or Component Display)

- Supports SPDIF output (AC-3 Compress Output)

- Supports Analog TV Audio Digital output

- Supports NTSC, PAL Analog Video & S-Video input

- Supports Analog Stereo Sound Input

- Supports remote control

- Easy to connect A/V cable

- Supports HD Stream Data File Play

- Supports Analog TV Closed Caption

- Supports Wall Paper TV (Desktop for TV window)

- Supports Zoom In a specific part

- Program and timer of TV program

3. The others

- A/V Cable

(¡Ø You don't have to extend your hand to

the back of Computer in connecting VCR,

Video game player, and Camera)

- Remote control transmitting/receiving module

- VGA Loopback Cable

- VIP Cable

- DSUB - RCA Component

I wonder who is a distributor for US.

Best regards Artur

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mailed them, and there's no distributor in Europe. I'll see if I can get hold of one card (I _REALLY_ want a pctv card that does digital audio over the pci bus)..

------------------

-Torgeir

·
Registered
320 Posts
HI, It looks that their paired with intervideo and soon will release product in US, Also HD card is optimized for use with Athlon processors and I really like the idea of getting red off sound card. Double display support is also welcome.

best regards Artur.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.