AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone recommend going with a motherboard that utilizes the nforce audio? This will be on an HTPC used to listen to DVD's mp3's, satellite TV etc.

If I could save the cost of a sound card and still get good audio I'd be very happy. Would really like to use optical to go from PC to Receiver.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I have the A7N8X Deluxe MB that has the onboard audio and ended up getting a Maudio DiO. I was planning on using this for recording satellite to my hard drive. I was never able to get it to work correctly.

IMHO I would not depend on the onboard audio entirely. When I played the WMP9 (HD) version of "The Terminator" I used the onboard audio. It works out that sometimes I would use it, but most of the time I used the Maudio DiO.

I wanted something that I could run my audio from my satellite receiver via toslink.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been very happy with the A7N8x onboard audio. It replaced 2 separate soundcards I had used previously.

Onboard has come a long ways.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Im using the onboard Digital out on my Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo... I also have a M-Audio Revolution sound card and I cant tell the difference between the onboard Digital out over the Revo's Digital out...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm quite happy with the onboard S/PDIF on my MSI Nforce2 (I forget the model). I haven't used the analog outputs much at all, and the line in gets fed from the TV tuner.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the A7N8X Deluxe MB. I mostly use the Coax in and out to my Denon receiver but when I do use the analog in/out for PVR. I have also measured it with Rightmark 5.1. It's not bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.