AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a dvd of "Once Upon a Time in America. It was released to theaters in 1984. Is it not on dvd?

I did a dvd pricesearch.com and found nothing.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jerryez
Where can I get a dvd of "Once Upon a Time in America. It was released to theaters in 1984. Is it not on dvd?

I did a dvd pricesearch.com and found nothing.
It's not on DVD and there is no talk of it being put out on DVD eithers (SUCKS!). I at least am luckly enough to have the Laserdisc which will hold me over until the DVD comes out, but I really love this film (great soundtrack as well) and want it in all it's Anamorphic glory!

And for those reading this we are NOT talking about Once Upon A Time In The West! A Lot of people mix these two films up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
"...It's not on DVD and there is no talk of it being put out on DVD eithers (SUCKS!)...

...ahh... OUATIA has been available for several years on a DVD from Brazil...

http://www.cdbrazil.com/cdbrazil.htm

...of course, this DVD is coded Region 4, the transfer is p&s and the disc is a flipper... but it's better than nothing at all!...

. . . :eek: . . .

·
Registered
277 Posts
This is such a great movie! The not only is it disappointing that it isn't out on DVD, when it came out on LD it was the short version. The only way to see this movie is the long version that has only been released on VHS.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rjason
This is such a great movie! The not only is it disappointing that it isn't out on DVD, when it came out on LD it was the short version. The only way to see this movie is the long version that has only been released on VHS.

Well, the widescreen LD IS the longer 227 min version and not the cut US verion, I know I have it and it looks superb with my HLD-X9

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.