AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to have a single box/front-end that allows me to:

1) Stream Netflix with a nice interface

2) Play DVDs/Blu-Ray's from an internal drive [that doesn't tell me that it's there: Total Media Theater]

3) Play MKVs with chapter support and losless audio codecs [don't want to leave the front end, like MPC-HC with 7mc]

4) Play audio files: FLAC mainly

5) View TV, including high def encrypted content, record and share across (authorized) players

XBMC is almost there, the UI with Aeon MQ 2 is pure eye candy but no high def support in the main branch (yet) and no support for Cable Cards (ever?).

That leaves me with 7mc: media browser is nice but getting MKV support is a pain. The new HDHomerun Primes (if they deliver) look great.

So, I guess my question is how do I get this to work with 7mc? Live TV, streaming, local music/video with one UI that is seamless and is up 99%+

·
Registered
13,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macattackman
That leaves me with 7mc: media browser is nice but getting MKV support is a pain. The new HDHomerun Primes (if they deliver) look great.

So, I guess my question is how do I get this to work with 7mc? Live TV, streaming, local music/video with one UI that is seamless and is up 99%+
This is simply not true.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.