AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is the third time I’m asking this question. I would appreciate if somebody can reply this time.

I have Pioneer 503-CMX with PDA-5002 card. At the moment my connection is through my Progressive Tag player to Component Input 2 of Pioneer. I’m using both Progressive PAL and Progressive NTSC. My question is as follow:

1.If I connect to RGBHV Input 2 of Pioneer, would I get a better picture?

2.If I do the RGBHV connection, would I lose any function of the Pioneer for example wide, Full etc?

Thanks

Sepehr

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
Sepehr

I looked at your earlier (11/26) post and from what I see you can buy a 5 wire breakout cable and then try both RGBHV and component and see for yourself which works best

when using the cable in component mode, the H and V cables are not in use: the sync signal is on G

theoretically the RGBHV may be better but to answer your question I don't think you will see a difference

(I am speaking for NTSC only as I have no experience with PAL)

Hope this helps- hope I understood/addressed your question!

Mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I’m using Component connection. However, I have to order a second set of cables either RGBHV or a second set of Component. Tag thinks RGBHV would be better! But, before ordering I was trying to see if anybody has actually tried the RGBHV with 503-CMX and PDA-5002 card without problem.

By the looks of it, it seems nobody has tried it.

Thanks again,

Sepehr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.