AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

Sorry for a mass question but I can't seem to find the answer through searching the forum! I just got a used NAD T773 for my 2nd system, great receiver, heavy and built like a tank! Anyway, my question is: what is the different between the 7.1 input and the Main input? The user manual is no help there! I'm planning to use my Bluray player 5.1 output to pass the DTS Master HD signal to the NAD, since the NAD T773 has no HDMI nor DTS Master decoder.

Thanks

BT

·
Banned
128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by btran33 /forum/post/18186605

Hi All:

Sorry for a mass question but I can't seem to find the answer through searching the forum! I just got a used NAD T773 for my 2nd system, great receiver, heavy and built like a tank! Anyway, my question is: what is the different between the 7.1 input and the Main input? The user manual is no help there! I'm planning to use my Bluray player 5.1 output to pass the DTS Master HD signal to the NAD, since the NAD T773 has no HDMI nor DTS Master decoder.

Thanks

BT

I have a T773 too, great avr. To get HD audio you are right, you must use the 7.1 analog in's. The caveat is with analog we don't get bass management from the avr. I use the bluray player's settings for that and adjust my sub's own crossover and levels with the sub's knobs. Works great, sounds great.

The "Main In" you mention has jumpers on it so the preamp section of the T773 can get to the amp section. So, for example, if you were using a separate amp for your fronts you'd remove the F/L, F/R jumpers and run an rca cable from "Pre Out" to your separate amp's "Main In" and leave the rest to be powered by the avr.

hth

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally found the answer:

"By using the main in's the T773 is now strictly a power amp. All internal workings are completely bypassed in this configuration. No volumn, processing, etc. No different than if I was using a stand alone amp. In fact it could actually be used as a separate 7 channel amp if I so desired."

So that mean I can get a good pre/pro with all the functions I want and still be able to use the T773 to drive 7 channels. The amp section on the T773 is very...very good!

Thank you everyone!

bt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts