AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, saw the Berkline 90s tonight. Liked them. Comfortable - decent construction (I've seen much beefier chairs).

I was told that they were rated to 250 lbs. Is that accurate - it seemed a bit low?

I used to play football and have some hefty friends (not 300 lbs +, but over 250 lbs). Of course you cant use any chair as a trampoline or just plop down in it and expect the springs to stay fastened...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Rupert.

From the gentleman that was showing me the chairs. He was also the store owner.

I've also emailed Berkline for an "official" read on their capacity rating.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
They should definitely take more than 250. Heck about 1/4 of our population these days weighs that much!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Lonny, when I bought my chairs I was at 301. I'm down to 280 and I'm still fine.

I think that the leg cushion on my regular chair is a little flattened out more than the others, but since my theater is my living room and i'm in that chair 5+hrs a day, it makes sense.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everyone, thanks for your replies. I'm over 250 myself and the chairs I have sat in have been fine.

Here is the reply sent from a Berline representative and it doesnt give me a warm fuzzy feeling...

"Berkline test their furniture at 250 pounds". Nice detailed reply eh?

:rolleyes:

Could somebody be so kind as to review their warranty to see how (or perhaps better worded as if) they have constrained their warranty with respect to weight capacity. Unfortunately, their website does not provide warranty specifics...

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm just below 200, myself, and don't feel any structural give in my 090s. I've had at least one big friend over (6'4" 270), who didn't stress the chair at all. This is the same guy who made me cringe when he eased himself into one of the Ikea Poang chairs (great chairs, BTW) that we used before getting the Berklines.

I think that the other Mike's remarks about the cushions compressing might be a consideration, but I don't imagine that would be too different between various manufacturers.

--Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.