AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an old Showstopper (my main unit) and a 5040 that will soon be the only one (I'm just test driving it for awhile, to see that it works fine first). The problem is, whatever I do with the remote, the commands show up on both replays. For instance, today I deleted something from the 5040, and when I went back to the showstopper, the movie I'd been watching and paused had been deleted. Or they'll both turn off, when I only want one of them too

So, is there a way to program one of the units with different codes, so I can use them both in the same room? Alternate codes, etc.?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Use the power toggle. Turn one Replay on and the other off. When you press the power button, it will toggle the power. Remote commands are only accepted when the power is ON, except power of course.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love the toggle. Disable disk spindown on the Showstopper, and you'll be good to go. Once in a great while, you'll errantly have them both on or off, and then you'll (gasp!) have to get up to turn one off.

In general, it's a great, quick solution.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
I have 4 Replays in my HT and, due to judicious placement in the racks, I'm able to selectively turn any particular one ON or OFF by shielding the remote's emitter with my free hand. One remote, 4 Replays, life is sweet.

Tip: for this to work reasonably well, keep at least a foot of space between vertically spaced units and try to not put more than 2 units in a single rack. I have 3 in one but it took a while to develop a working procedure to achieve nirvana.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.