AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible? I have an Infocus X1 projector, Onkyo HT-R500 receiver, Panasonic DVD-XP30, and a JVC VCR. I currently control all this stuff with a Radio Shack RS-2116 universal remote.

Now I'm wanting to go HTPC. I guess I won't need the XP30 anymore, but I'll still need to remote control the projector, receiver, and VCR (as well as the HTPC).

Is there one remote that can do all this? A combination universal IR learning remote and PC remote? WAF is of BIG TIME importance to my home theater! :)

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
I use the Phillips Pronto TSU2000 to control all A/V gear, and I use an Airboard IR Wireless Keyboard and the Pronto can learn all keystrokes used to open/control PC apps.

Nice thing about the Pronto is it's totally customizable so you can even create screens just for the wife to use if you want.

·
Registered
996 Posts
A second vote for the Pronto. Very configurable. Only downside is if you like the feel of hard buttons, it is going to take some getting used to a touch screen.

Take a look a the the Pront NG, it has a 4-way cursor pad and extra hard buttons.

A good resource is www.remotecentral.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.