AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys someone mentioned this film in the Chronos thread and much to my shock there is NO thread dedicated to this film on AVS? It's in stock on Amazon (and no review!?) but I couldn't find anything, even googling all of AVS I saw no dedicated thread. So... anyone seen it? Any good?

Can you encourage those like me who would like a HD Documentary about flying but is kind of scared away by the idea of a Documentary about an Air Port? Hardly any reviews at all out there, illuminate us!

·
Registered
Epson 5050UB; 106" Da Lite HD Progressive 1.3 Screen; Denon 4700H AVR; Panasonic 820 Blu-ray Player
3,187 Posts
One Six Right is a documentary on the rich history behind the Van Nuys Airport. Totally filmed in 1080P video, the PQ is very high tier 1 level. The aerial photography is stunning and the history and interviews are all very interesting. The music is even very good. Three of the "extras" were also filmed in 1080P and offers some short pieces that can serve as "demos". This is the best "video-based" HD DVD I have.

Link to Internet Site

Beautiful HD DVD.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's some awesome HD, ad the guy who made it worked very hard on it...

Worth a look.

·
Banned
505 Posts
wow..i asked about this a day or so ago and someone refused to say anything cause "im sure a thread was already started...re search"....

anyhow It has been seen on Discovery HD as mentioned and you can buy it from the webiste or amazon. I will be grabbing it next week no doubt as I am a huge aviation fan

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Here's the deal guys... "one six right" has two three-letter words, which aren't used for searches. So it's dang near impossible to find the old threads.

·
Registered
Epson 5050UB; 106" Da Lite HD Progressive 1.3 Screen; Denon 4700H AVR; Panasonic 820 Blu-ray Player
3,187 Posts
Out of the 65 HD DVDs I own, One Six Right ranks in the top 20 or so overall. So it's a very good HD DVD (probably the best docu-style) that is getting very little talk or support. I can't get it listed on the "tier" system because I guess my opinion doesn't get a lot of respect here without others validating it. So, if you have seen this HD DVD give your opinion and reviews.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
We need a few more people who have viewed One Six Right to make a comment on the "tier" thread to support placement. I recommened it high in tier 1 maybe below Seabiscuit but above Aeon Flux. Maybe it's even higher than that. But I am the only one who has suggested a placement. It would be good if other comments were made to solidify where it should be.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased One Six Right a week or so ago and tried to play it on my A1. Got the error 0X4094C504 at the start on the movie, was OK until the movie part actually started, then the error. Downloaded Firmware V-2 and it plays flawlessly now. Have watched it almost twice in one day, just love it !!! Well worth the money for the content and super nice HD picture. Must Buy... A+ in my book... This should be in tier 1...

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I see on Amazon there's a "One Six Left" DVD that's a companion to the OSR DVD. Does the HD DVD contain the material from OSL?

Here's Amazon's description:
Quote:
Continue your experience of the documentary film "One Six Right" with this special companion DVD that includes never-before-released footage. Go behind the scenes with interviews from the crew, enjoy the original trailer featuring music by "Enya", and much more! "One Six Left" is the perfect addition to any DVD collection and continues to share the timeless romance of flying with all ages. EXCLUSIVE DVD SPECIAL FEATURES: 1. Into the Clouds - aerial trailer featuring Enya's "Only Time" 2. The Making of "One Six Right" - documentary featurette 3. Movie Montage - the best shots edited to the film's score 4. The Joyride III - aerobatic sequence with in-cockpit footage 5. Pitts Pattern - one continuous shot from takeoff to landing 6. Piano Solo - in studio with composer Nathan Wang

·
Banned
2,558 Posts
I've watched about a half an hour of it so far. It's a pretty entertaining and informative doc on the airport and it's sporting some pretty great PQ. This was a blind buy, but I'm glad I took the chance. If not for this thread, I probably would have missed this one. Thanks nightfly!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
to answer a previous poster's question, yes, most of "One Six Left" is on the HD-DVD.

You can check their specs on their website (google it) and also keep in mind that a few of the extras are also in 1080P, woo!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.