AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it better to have one mondo sub up front or two semi-mondo subs? I've heard both that it's easier to set up one sub and that you get better coverage with two.

Just curious as I have one now but am thinking about designing a new one, (or two).

·
Registered
6,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Olson /forum/post/12853776

Is it better to have one mondo sub up front or two semi-mondo subs? I've heard both that it's easier to set up one sub and that you get better coverage with two.

Just curious as I have one now but am thinking about designing a new one, (or two).

I'm not an expert on this at all, but from what I understand, it really depends on the size of the room. If you have a really large room, even a huge SVS sub might not handle the whole deal.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I read on other topics here that a single larger sub was a better route (or a single - multi-driver setup).

In my case I will not have any speakers visible (except one side surround due to room issues) - I don't want the visible sub.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The room is rather largish at 4000+ cu ft. The THX site is interesting in that I thought it was taboo to place a sub in the center of a wall.

I guess I'll have to play a little. It's a new room so my equipment man indeed be inadequate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts