AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wait for Windows 10.
Any PC/Laptop or even smart phone/tablet (I think) with Xbox One SmartGlass app can stream games and live TV to the devices. There are still some updates that need to be done for streaming to SmartGlass for U.K. and U.S. is only in "beta" form.

Also:
You won't need the Surface 3, but there is hardware out there. You shouldn't have to run HDMI wires everywhere.

Reactions: tampabuc

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
controller range is your main issue, and you can forget the kinect in multiple rooms. I've had a central closet with my gear for over 10 years, and this is the only gen where I can not run a centralized unit between rooms.....due to piss poor controller range.

But if you are going to try, goto mono price, look at HDBaseT or if your runs are under 45', splitters and long hdmi cables.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Wait for Windows 10.
Any PC/Laptop or even smart phone/tablet (I think) with Xbox One SmartGlass app can stream games and live TV to the devices.
Not that this feature is out yet, but to clarify a little bit, it will be a separate app from Xbox One SmartGlass simply titled "Xbox". Hopefully, by launch, all of the features of SmartGlass will be incorporated into the Xbox app, but they're not yet (store browsing, SmartGlass keyboard/text entry, and game-specific SmartGlass for things like Madden and Dead Rising are the main ones missing).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts