AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next month it will have been a year since I ordered the 811 and signed up with Dish Network.

To this day, on my second warrantied 811 receiver, I still think it's a piece of trash. It has never worked properly.

My routine is such.

Get home, rush to turn on the 811 in time for my favorite programming, goto menu/setup/ and run a check switch, then cancel the checkswith when it's done, then wait for it to locate the satellite, then download the program guide.... and after eight minutes, it's finally ready to watch HDTV.

Has anyone considered a class action suite against Dish regarding it's 811? Because I have not gotten anything more than one month of free HD programming due to all my troubles.

If you figure out eight minutes of hassle each day, by 365 days... that's 47 hours of my life, wasted on a stupid check switch. And this isn't even counting the other problems.

Next month I sell my 811, 6000 and 311, cancel my Dish account (12 month contract) and sign up with DirecTV.

I can't wait. :mad:

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone considered a class action suite against Dish regarding it's 811?
I was part of the class action lawsuit for the infamous Dishplayer. I don't remember the exact details but I would have gotten pennies on the dollar. Problem is, I had already jumped ship to DirecTV. The only people who got any type of satisfaction were the lawyers handling the case.

-Robert

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Have you checked the switch and the cabling (and I mean all). Sounds stupid but all STB's are sensitive to these things.

Seth

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by sethwas
Have you checked the switch and the cabling (and I mean all). Sounds stupid but all STB's are sensitive to these things.

Seth
Of course. Dish made me replace everything in the line before they coughed up a new 811 that had the same problems. The installation isn't what's wrong with the thousands of 811's out there having problems.

My 311 and 6000 have had none of these same problems.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Knock on wood, none of my dish receivers (2 510's, 1 811, 5 301's at 2 locations under 3 dishes 1 switch and soon 1 antenna and 2 diplexers) have had any trouble. And some of the boxes are second hand since I'm not coughing up full price (not because I won't but because I can't).

Seth

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
If I had to go through what Eddie says he does, I would be pissed too.

But I don't.

And most 811 users don't.

I think after this last sw update, there are very few people who are still majorly annoyed with the 811.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.