AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a bad experience with onecall.com?

I tried to use their pricematch for a 32" LCD, and instead of offering me a price their customer service rep tried to get me to buy from them at their list price stating how their service is better than another authorized dealers.

The guy finally matched the price and when I was still hesitant, he went into the car salesman lineup and started applying pressure on how I wanted a popular tv, they only have one left, and other people have paid full price. Upon further hesitation, he lowered his price by $2! WOW!

I think I'll be asking for a manager tomorrow. Tonights service was ridiculous.

· Banned
168 Posts
It must be the sales representative, not Onecall.com. I had good experiences with the sales representatives I had the pleasure to deal with, including one gave me a 10% discount on the Panasonic DVD-S97.

· Registered
904 Posts
I purchased 2 TV's from onecall. A 50" RPTV and a 27" CRT. The CRT was damaged in shipping and was replaced with no issues. I had no problems with the RPTV. I never used my exteded warranty on the 50" and was given 50% back as a store credit. Overall I was satisfied with the service and salespeople.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by doubleroll
I purchased 2 TV's from onecall. A 50" RPTV and a 27" CRT. The CRT was damaged in shipping and was replaced with no issues. I had no problems with the RPTV. I never used my exteded warranty on the 50" and was given 50% back as a store credit. Overall I was satisfied with the service and salespeople.
Interesting. Their website policy says that they are not responsible. Others have reported that they don't take back damaged items as well. Maybe their policy changed.

· Registered
47 Posts
I had a very good experience buying from onecall. Not to quibble, but "service" is what you get after the sale is completed. "Sales" is what you get before -- and that may well include "haggling." The site says "If you have found a lower price on in stock merchandise from a reputable verifiable authorized dealer, we will do our best to meet that price." It sounds like that's what the salesman did.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Marquis
I had a very good experience buying from onecall. Not to quibble, but "service" is what you get after the sale is completed. "Sales" is what you get before -- and that may well include "haggling." The site says "If you have found a lower price on in stock merchandise from a reputable verifiable authorized dealer, we will do our best to meet that price." It sounds like that's what the salesman did.
One should not have to haggle in order to receive a price match. And regardless of whether or not onecall adhered to their price match policy, the salesman was still what I would consider unprofessional. This is inexcusable and therefore not worthy of my hard earned money.

Those that had no problem, I envy you. I was really hoping to obtain a new TV tonight.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
"One should not have to haggle to get a price match"... What do you think price matching is IF NOT HAGGLING? However, it DOES sound like your salesman was pretty unprofessional (Trying to presure you into buying a different product you were not shopping for is known as "bait and switch". Tell the manager you talk to tomorrow about this guys un-ethical attempts. I've bought from One Call many times throughout the years. Huppins (Their non-internet name) is normally a class act.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ndabunka
"One should not have to haggle to get a price match"... What do you think price matching is IF NOT HAGGLING? However, it DOES sound like your salesman was pretty unprofessional (Trying to presure you into buying a different product you were not shopping for is known as "bait and switch". Tell the manager you talk to tomorrow about this guys un-ethical attempts. I've bought from One Call many times throughout the years. Huppins (Their non-internet name) is normally a class act.
I can see your point that price matching is a form of haggling, but when they advertise that they will price match, you should not have to fight for it.

Just to set the record straight, they did not try to sell me a different model, they just tried to get me to pay full price for the one I wanted to price match by questioning the reputation of another auth dealer. In doing so, they also question their own reputation as an auth dealer. Don't auth dealers have to meet certain standards in order to become authorized in the first place?

As I said before, their behavior is not worthy of my patronage, so I went to Amazon which Sharp lists as an auth dealer on their site. Not the best price on the web, but the best from the auth dealers. ...anywhere from $400-$1400 cheaper. And yes, cheaper than onecall! Needless to say, I am finally content.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.