AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a urc-8910 that I want to get an upgrade file for a Samsung bd-p1500 blu-ray player. The number that I have called in the past, now just rings and rings, and then finally disconnects. They have always had the codes I needed for all the stuff I have called for before and it was the best way for me.

I've tried their website with a request, when you finally submit it it just takes forever for the screen to load, and then I get a bland screen.

Anyone have a similiar experience or recent success reaching them?

·
Registered
664 Posts
They seem to have stopped supporting upgrading by phone. It may or may not have something to do with being bought by Audiovox recently. However, you can make your own wav files to upgrade if you want by using the tools over at the JP1 remote site . Most of that site deals with using a cable to connect your remote to a PC to add programming, but the same tools used for that can be used to make wav files to upgrade your remote. By the way, if you are interested, using the JP1 cable is a much better way to upgrade than via wav files, since you have two way communication with the remote with the cable. Either way, with the tools they have over at the JP1 site, you will be able to customize the programming of the buttons the way you want instead of using what OfA has programmed. You can start learning about it here .

It is a bit complicated, especially, if you already have some upgrades in the remote from One for All, because everytime you upgrade via the modem, it overwrites the previous session, and you have to merge all the upgrades into one wav file. That's why One for All used to keep a database of user's upgrades so that they can send you the merged version specific to your remote and previous upgrades.

If you'd like, I can help you make the wav file for the upgrade, but it would be helpful if you have the wav file they sent you previously so that I can decode those to be able to merge the new upgrade. If you don't have the wav file (if you upgraded by phone, instead of getting the wav file by email), if you list the other devices you received an upgrade for, I can try to help you find the correct upgrade files to merge with the one for your BD player, and create a new wav file to upgrade your remote.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kupakai,

Thankyou for your offer to help.

I still have the wav file for all my devices backed up on my computer. As you said, they had my customer # with all my devices on it and whenever I added to it they would resend it all again with the new device.

A few years ago I did try to do JP1, I still have the cable but i may not have the small adapter extention that went from the cable into the remote, its here somewhere stored away, I have to look for it.

It was a bit complicated for me so I kind of gave up, and called one4all for the codes.

Would getting my current wav file and merging it with a wav file for the Samsung be possible?

Thanks....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Phone support is available but it's not toll-free.The number is 1-330-405-8615.They will send a WAV code to your PC with instructions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts