AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, contrary to accepted wisdom I ordered the Rockets without listening to them. I did do alot of research and I thank everyone who participates in forums for so generously sharing your speaker experience. The Rockets replaced 2 Polk Audio RT 1000's and 4 RT 800's. I'm not at all an audiophile but I will tell you that I really think they are wonderful. I like their sound. But more than that they make me feel good.

My experience with AV123 was just great. Greg was a pleasure to deal with. The speakers arrived on time and in perfect condition. What makes me feel good though is that in a cynical world where one is constantly on the defensive against being exploited AV123 delivered on their promises. I am always aware of the price - value continuum and buying the Rockets from AV123 represents a tremendous value to me. Every time I look at them I can not believe that ask more for such a well conceived and delivered product. It makes me feel good to know that there are people/companies that are willing to make a fair margin and just a fair margin while finding a way to bring an excellent product for which they certainly could get more money, to the public, for a price a guy like me can afford.

My fiance said " I knew when I saw the white gloves that they take pride in their product". Now, the white gloves didn't work for me because the speakers kept slipping from my hands but they are a statement of pride from AV123 and those gloves create a perception of excellence and value. And an argument could be made that the gloves are necessary just because of the beautiful craftsmanship of the speakers.

Call me a shill or a fanatic but in reality I am enthused and passionate about and grateful for my very good Onix Rocket experience.

AAA is the only other organization where several times a year I say to my self "They are a really good deal". For $44/year I get roadside assistance, discounts on travel, but more than that, I don't have to be abused by the DMV anymore. I can go to a local office where people act as if they are glad to see me. That is a good value.

Life is short and I have had many negative experiences. Av123 and AAA are 2 positive experiences.

(No, I'm not a AAA shill, either).

·
Registered
605 Posts
Glashub,

Congrats on your new Rockets. I would have to agree with you in that if the Rocket "sound" is one that works for you then they are a terrific value. IMO Rockets, as well as Ascend, Axiom, and ACI are where the future in audio is going. Once people get past the initial fear of buying on the internet it seems that they for the most part end up being extremely pleased with the product and price they are getting. I'm enjoying my Rockets right now along with SOCS for the 750's...I can't begin to explain how three dimensional the sound is...incredible! :cool:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Glashub,

excellent! glad you are pleased w/ your purchase...happy listening...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.