AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someome please help me make up my mind. I just got a great deal on the 502 on eCOst. They are going for 129$ cheap refurbished. Cant beat the price. I also got the Athena Micra6 speaker set. SO all in all a good setup for
Now I'm facing this dilemma, for 100bucks more is it worth getting the 602.

Someone please help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't have mine hooked up yet, but I just got my 602s in and Yes....I have heard they're more than worth it...just determine what's best for your budget and if the extra power and options will be too much for your environment..

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
602 has way more options on it. Also the 502 is now replaced w/ the 503. While the 602 is this years model.

The 602 has auto setting to set your speakers up w/o you doing it manually.

I had the 503, btw sounded great. I got the 602 and am more happier.

Also the 602 msrp is like $499.00 the 503 is $299.00. So for 100 bucks. Yea to me it was worth the upgrade

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you are not running 7.1 and don't plan to, get the 502. If you are running 7.1, or think there is a chance you'll want to, get the 602. The power difference between the 2 receivers will make little to no difference soundwise, and you cannot add external amps to either one. I use a 502 for my bedroom system, and it will cleanly and easily hit reference level sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.