AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having issues with my Hd Cable and my Onkyo 604 receiver. I can watch tv no problems change channels back and forth no issues...until I hit HD stations then once I change the channel the screen goes black. I am HDMI from box to receiver and receiver to projector. I ran direct from box to projector and had not issues. I am not sure on what I need to do here for this. I am running the Scientific Atlanta 4240HDC box. They want to try a Samsung box tomorrow but I am not sure it will work either. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I ahve searched the other thread thus far with no luck.

·
Registered
262 Posts
well i know for a fact that the majority of time warner cableboxes with hdmi does not like going through a receiver that has hdmi repeating on board. it sounds like a hdmi handshaking problem. i would use component video out of the cable box and run it directly into the onkyo. as well as the digital coax or fiber optic cable for sound. but i am not sure if the 604 does component video to hdmi up-conversion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts