AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on taking the plunge with the Onkyo 604 this weekend, and wanted to get your feedback on how best to connect it with my HDTV and HD-DVR STB.

Since the STB is the Motorola 6412 that has the HDMI issues (and mine doesn't have the latest firmware to fix the issue) I intend to run the HDMI from it directly to the tv. Should I run an optical out from the STB to the 604 or run the optical out of the tv into the 604?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by judge_dredd /forum/post/0

If you run the optical from the tv to the receiver, it may strip it down to be 2 channel. I don't really see the point of going through the tv, I would go straight to the receiver.

Thanks for the response. I have attempted to do this but am having difficulties with my Motorola 6412--specifically I get audio drops that last 1 second or so--they seem to happen frequently (several times a minute or more).

In the 6412's HDMI out settings I selected "passthrough." Any idea what this problem stems from?

·
Registered
541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainegod /forum/post/0

I'm planning on taking the plunge with the Onkyo 604 this weekend, and wanted to get your feedback on how best to connect it with my HDTV and HD-DVR STB.

Since the STB is the Motorola 6412 that has the HDMI issues (and mine doesn't have the latest firmware to fix the issue) I intend to run the HDMI from it directly to the tv. Should I run an optical out from the STB to the 604 or run the optical out of the tv into the 604?

I have the 3416 (bigger hard drive!) and I run HDMI to the TV (primarily for video but also if I want to watch TV without the full audio setup - not frequently) and run a coax for the audio into my 604.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.