AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i finally got my onkyo 604 and my speakers all in the same room.

So my question is, i dont know how to hook it up to the tv. My tv has both HDMI, and Component, and Just about every other hook up type.

So, for connection to the TV, do i just plug in the HDMI wire, into the tv, and the HDMI OUT part of the reciever to have it work?

I ask because i am confused based on the fact that there were no cords in the box, and i have heard something about problems with the On screen display with the 604.

Help me so i can go to best buy and get some cords!

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
HDMI Out to the TV. But you have to have other HDMI components for it to work. So if your DVD player doesn't have HDMI, you need to go with component, for example. And, no, the setup menus will not be transferred to your TV via HDMI, but you can see them on the receiver.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for each type of source component i have i need to have that component going to the reciever with its respective wire type, and then from the reciever to the tv?

example: I have an xbox 360 . It uses component. do i then plug the 360 component cord into the reciever, and then with a seperate component cord then connect the reciever to the television?

Then if i have another source, lets say a playstation 2. This device uses a composite cord. Do i then connect the Playstation 2 to the composite slot, and then buy another composite cord to go from the reciever to the television.

Thank you

·
Registered
132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastley /forum/post/0

So for each type of source component i have i need to have that component going to the reciever with its respective wire type, and then from the reciever to the tv?

example: I have an xbox 360 . It uses component. do i then plug the 360 component cord into the reciever, and then with a seperate component cord then connect the reciever to the television?

Then if i have another source, lets say a playstation 2. This device uses a composite cord. Do i then connect the Playstation 2 to the composite slot, and then buy another composite cord to go from the reciever to the television.

Thank you

Yes to the 360 example.

The 604 will convert all analogs to componet. so if you have component going out to the tv that's all you need. So, when you plug your playstation in to composite the 604 will sent it out to the tv via component. You do have to set the inputs correctly. The instructions are in the advanced set up section.

This is not the same for hdmi. Meaning that if you use any of the other analog inputs the do NOT go out thru the hdmi out. Only hdmi in goes to hdmi out.

Component is not down coverted, meaning that component will only ouput thru component. You can't plug the 360 in a component and then output thru composite or s-vid but you can plug somthing in s-vid or composite and output thru component.

--Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.