AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short.

I bought the 908 HTIB system (that comes with the 605 receiver) and had troubles the entire time. I troubleshot to the point where I thought it was the receiver, so I picked up a 606 locally. The newer receiver helped me find out that the problem was with the install and not the receiver. So now I have two receivers, should I try to return the 606 where I bought it? If that is even a legal option, or should I sell the 605 and keep the 606?

I guess what I am asking is, is the 606 worth the price difference? (about $250-$300)

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
If the retailer you purchased the 606 from has a return policy and the time frame hasn't passed, sure you can return it if you wish, I don't understand the legal option portion of that question. That's what the retailers return policy is there for.

As far as which one to keep, if the extra HDMI inputs and Dynamic EQ are worth it to you then keep the 606.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If you can get the price difference for the 606 out of selling the 605 then I would keep the 606. Performance-wise they aren't that different, but down the road you will probably be glad you have the extra HDMI ports. Considering HDMI inputs will only become more and more common in electronics it's nice to have all you can get.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts