AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I need some help. I recently got a Panasonic BD60 player, it's connected via HDMI to my Onkyo 606 receiver... However my receive looks like it is not processing the HD Audio properly. The screen displays "DVD TV LOGIC" is there a setting I am missing here? The DVD is set the "TrueHD." I am not sure if I need to set the Onkyo a certain way to have it decode the HD audio, or if there is a setting on the Player. Currently the player is setup for Bitstream audio.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I make it select the best format for the source automatically? I had a BD30 hooked up before and it always said TrueHD.

Should I change the player to PCM instead of Bitstream maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/17041174

With HDMI connections, the AVR has to decode what ever it is recieving. So it is almost always a source setting issue if it is putting out 2 channel -vs- Mulit-channel PCM - -vs- bitsreamed encoded audio.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
You have tried both blueray and SD-DVD?

Sources don't really get to pick the default "best" audio track on the disk, often you have to manually set it on the title menu.

So, you are using a Blu-ray and have chosen the truehd track? Bitstream should be right. Make sure second audio is off. With pcm output the player will decode, this is also correct.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I ment the reciever would pick the "optimal" listening mode. I know that the DVD has to be manually set to TrueHD. I have been told that PCM means the DVD player decodes, and the Bitstream means the reciever will decode (giving a "cleaner" decodeing process). Not sure if that makes sense, do you have any suggestions to lean either way?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
i think you need tp change the surround sound mode on the avr--dont own an onk myself but i think the manual may help. you could alse try pcm but i suspect without the mode being changed the result will be the same...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts