AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is really worthy paying nearly $200 more just for 10 more watts per channel; getting Audyssey MultiEQ and Network? That's the most difference between them.

Currently my Bluray and TV have network and can play Pandora; Netflix; etc. Also I own a PS3 and 360. And for Audyssey I always sit on the Center of the TV; no need for other location calibrations.

Just wondering if there's any other difference like a different Burr Brown amps; or dual DPS Processors that makes worthy the difference? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
A couple of extra's I like are the Ipod interface with OSD and an upgraded remote with one touch on/off (easier for the wife to use). The network is nice for me as my T.V. and components have no network. At the time it was only a $100 upgrade, worth it for me!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does any of you knows of the 608 has this 7 band Eq:“63Hz”, “160Hz”, “400Hz”,

“1000Hz”, “2500Hz”, “6300Hz”, or “16000Hz”. And for the subwoofer, “25Hz”, “40Hz”, “63Hz”, “100Hz”, or “160Hz”.

This info appears on the manual of 708; but for 608 only says: "Low frequencies (e.g., 63Hz) affect bass sounds;high frequencies (e.g., 16000Hz) affect treble sound"; without specifing how many bands...

·
Registered
30,154 Posts
I would say MultEQ versus 2EQ is equally big (if not bigger). As you yourself acknowledge, most people don't need an external amp, but nearly everyone can benefit from having the far superior room correction (especially since 2EQ does not touch the subwoofer).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts