AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot of the posts about the 6100/7100...but i have a couple of specific questions...

1) in the 7100 can the speaker stands be used for any speakers...ie front or rears?

2) what specifically is needed to use the sirius connection on the 7100? i have the sirius stiletto with the home kit...will that work or will i need something else?

3) is the receiver with the 6100 the same as the 7100? if not is one better than the other?

4) do these systems require alot of tweaking (i'm not an a/v guy so don't want to drive myself crazy) or will it be easy enough for a beginner to set up...

5) can you play from both speakers A and B at the same time...ie can you play a dvd on speakers A and listen to a cd on speakers B at the same time...can both speakers listen to the same thing...eg paly dvd on speakers A & B at the same time?

6) any other differences between the 2 not mentioned above?

7) what are good price points for both systems...new and/or refurb...

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
52 Posts
1)Yes, any of the speakers fit on the stands. I don't use my rear speakers, so I have my side surrounds on the stands instead.

3) No. The 7100 receiver is the TX-SR606. The 6100 uses something else.

4) The 7100, at least, requires minimal tweaking. Actually, all you need to do is run the automatic mic setup/calibration (it's called Audyssey something) and follow the onscreen instructions.

5) The 7100 receiver is Zone 2 capable. So yes.

6) The 7100 comes with an ipod dock so you can listen to mp3's. The receiver and included speakers should be better quality than the 6100 - I would assume.

7) I paid $584 shipped for the 7100 (new).

·
Registered
374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtz /forum/post/15426119

7) I paid $584 shipped for the 7100 (new).

Where did you find the 7100 for that price?

and, from my understanding the 6100 and 7100 are pretty much the same system except for the added speaker stands, sirius, and the better ipod dock?

also, if the 7100 has the 605 receiver, then it seems to not be as good as the 6100, because the 6100 has a modified version of the 606, the 667. it just has more power.

OP, so you know, some of your questions would definitely be answered on the official 6100 forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMx Reaper xMx /forum/post/15426757

Where did you find the 7100 for that price?

and, from my understanding the 6100 and 7100 are pretty much the same system except for the added speaker stands, sirius, and the better ipod dock?

also, if the 7100 has the 605 receiver, then it seems to not be as good as the 6100, because the 6100 has a modified version of the 606, the 667. it just has more power.

OP, so you know, some of your questions would definitely be answered on the official 6100 forum.

Found the deal on Amazon around mid-December. The price lasted less than 1 day (about 16hrs or so before they changed it back).

The 7100 receiver is the 606. I have fixed the typo in my original post.

EDIT: Just from looking at the two receivers, it appears that the 6100 receiver does not have Zone 2 functionality; it's also missing the Game/TV option and its corresponding RCA and S-Video inputs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any know the answer to #2 in my original post about the sirius?

Also, kingtz where did you get it for $584?

for those of you that got it refurb from shoponkyo anyone have one that didn't look brand new?

are the speakers good enough or would it be better to do the 606 receiver with better speakers?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any other suggestions for the stands? Hate to pay 50 bucks for shipping and then had to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moropantus /forum/post/16413293

I need to buy stands for Onkyo 7100 back and surround speakers. But, do not want pay $$$ for onkyo stands. I tried Atlantic, but they do not fit so I am returning them.

Does anyone know what will work?

·
Registered
60 Posts
How do you handle low dialog volume on Blu-Ray or DVD that is usually 5.1? I did calibration using built in Auddessy, but I feel the center speaker is lacking volume and I end up increasing its level to 11 or 12 Db while fronts are at 7 DB and surround is at 5 DB and back sR are at 3-4 DB.

I have dynamic EQ on as well Cinema filter on most of the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.