AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure I should post my question here or at A/v receiver Onkyo 674 owners section of this forum, so I posted on both sections. I'm a newbie so forgive if someone already cover this. If someone already has please give me the link. I just wanted to know how do I hook up 2 subs? The Onkyo 674 has only one subwoofer out. Right now I running a subwoofer cable from my receiver to my Sony sub (SA-wm40). I just got a polk psw10 sub (for free by the way thanks to polks free sub promo when you purchased more than $499 on polk speakers-- high five). My sony sub has an out, should I connect my Polk to that? If I do will that take away potential/power/sound from the sony sub and will the polk be used to its fullest? Or should use a "Y" cable and split the receivers sub out and connect both subs to that? Will spilting degrade the power/sound. Or should I use the crossover on one of the subs? So what's the best route or are there any other options I should consider? Thanks

·
Registered
975 Posts
Use a Y-adapter, it will not degrade the sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.