AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have one quick, short question:

What should I choose between the Onkyo 703 , 803 and 804 receivers ?

I don't need HDMI switching or any other sort of video.

The only difference I could figure between those 2 by reading all sorts of specs is that 703 doesn't have Dolby Digital and Dolby Prologic II, but only ProLogic IIx

Also is there any difference between those 2 for the future if I want to add a HD DVD to it? I mean, would it be able to use direct 7.1 signals from an HD player. It has 8 RCA inputs, although I don't know if that would mean quality loss when compared with a future HDMI 1.3 or higher connection?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Iulian.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iulian.mihai /forum/post/0

Hello,

I have one quick, short question:

What should I choose between the Onkyo 703 , 803 and 804 receivers ?

I don't need HDMI switching or any other sort of video.

The only difference I could figure between those 2 by reading all sorts of specs is that 703 doesn't have Dolby Digital and Dolby Prologic II, but only ProLogic IIx

SR703 has Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic II also. Download the owner's manual for details. If you don't need HDMI, SR703 is a good option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iulian.mihai /forum/post/0

Also is there any difference between those 2 for the future if I want to add a HD DVD to it? I mean, would it be able to use direct 7.1 signals from an HD player. It has 8 RCA inputs, although I don't know if that would mean quality loss when compared with a future HDMI 1.3 or higher connection?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Iulian.

You will be able to get HD lossless audio using multi channel analog connection. However, I don't know this receiver enough to say if it will be able to apply bass management, surround processing etc on analog signals received through multi channel analog connections or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.