AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Yes it is, but if you can find a refurbed or reconditioned 705 get it instead. The 705 has MultiEQ XT so your sub will be EQed in addition to your other speakers. Also the 705 had some stouter amps if I am not mistaken. Onkyo made some cuts across the board after the xx5 series to presumedly cut down on heat.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyaspie /forum/post/18190867

Yes it is, but if you can find a refurbed or reconditioned 705 get it instead. The 705 has MultiEQ XT so your sub will be EQed in addition to your other speakers. Also the 705 had some stouter amps if I am not mistaken. Onkyo made some cuts across the board after the xx5 series to presumedly cut down on heat.

i have the 705 but the audyssey does not work so i have to set it up manual, should i just keep it?

·
Registered
5,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyaspie /forum/post/18190867

The 706 has MultEQ which also eqs the sub. You are confusing the 7xx series with the 6xx series which has 2EQ and does not eq the sub.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18196605

The 706 has MultEQ which also eqs the sub. You are confusing the 7xx series with the 6xx series which has 2EQ and does not eq the sub.

Sorry, you're correct.

XT just adds 2 more measurement locations.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggie /forum/post/18190929

i have the 705 but the audyssey does not work so i have to set it up manual, should i just keep it?

What do you mean the Audyssey doesn't "work"? When you plug the mic in you get nothing? Or that you aren't familiar with how to operate it?

·
Registered
5,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyaspie /forum/post/18197337

What do you mean the Audyssey doesn't "work"? When you plug the mic in you get nothing? Or that you aren't familiar with how to operate it?

I suggested the OP do the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18196595

If you want to get Audyssey working, post your question here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=795421

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18197358

I suggested the OP do the following:

Yeah, but if something is broken in the AVR learning to operate Audyssey would be of little value. Thats why I was asking specifically what he meant.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyaspie /forum/post/18198046

Yeah, but if something is broken in the AVR learning to operate Audyssey would be of little value. Thats why I was asking specifically what he meant.

It usually boils down to:

1. A bad mic

2. A bad speaker

3. Improper setup.

Those types of questions get addressed all the time in the Audyssey thread. As the answers sometimes can become quite involved with regard to troubleshooting, it really is best to keep all Audyssey related questions in one place and that one place is the Audyssey thread where all the expertise resides.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18198131

It usually boils down to:

1. A bad mic

2. A bad speaker

3. Improper setup.

Those types of questions get addressed all the time in the Audyssey thread. As the answers sometimes can become quite involved with regard to troubleshooting, it really is best to keep all Audyssey related questions in one place and that one place is the Audyssey thread where all the expertise resides.

Well if it keeps him from dropping some bills on a new AVR I am willing to help. Also some of the people posting in that thread post other places as well so I wouldn't say all the expertise is there, it is all over. Like here for instance.

Another thing to consider is the 705 thread. Maybe this is a 705 issue that other owners have encountered and fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggie /forum/post/18190929

Op, again what exactly do you mean that Audyssey doesn't work?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts