AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at purchasing Diva's 6.1, C3 and R3 (because of this forum...I hope everyone here isnt from the company) and I was also looking at getting the Onkyo 797. Will this reciever be good enough to run these speakers and a sub. How about these a sub and the rest of a 6.1 or 7.1 setup. Im hoping i dont have to buy a seperate amp. I really no nothing about 4db, 8ohms, crossovers, biwire, money, vacations in tropical paradise...oh im getting off the subject. Anyway any advise from you either technical geniuses / or really good cons is appreciated. (I think...lol) Thanks

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
coolmello,

I run a pair of 6.1's, 2.1's and a C3 with my 696 (which looks to be very close in comparison with the 797 minus the rear center channel) and I really like it. You'll be able to run 6.1 mains, 2.1 or R3 rears, C3 front center and a C3 rear center with that receiver; but no sub. You'll have to get a serperate amp for that. The Onk only supplies the signal to the sub, no amplification.

If you have any other Q's about the Diva's or SVS subs :), please feel free to ask...

Sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.