AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting confused reading all these threads....will the 875 upscale material from a Directv receiver even if it is hooked up via HDMI? I read in a post that it does not upscale anything HDMI. That would defeat my purpose as the only SD material is the nonHD channels from the satellite. I will be buying a BluRay player soon to be able to upscale all my SD DVDs..is the extra cost of the 875 worth it to me (well, it wont be if it can't upscale over HDMI).


Thanks for your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just thought of something, if it doesn't upscale the HDMI from Directtv, I guess I could sent it via component. It says it does that. Any opinions out there on how the 875 does with SD satellite?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you ...thats good to here. Anyone with comments how the 875 does with the SD satellite content?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb71 /forum/post/12894876


Thank you ...thats good to here. Anyone with comments how the 875 does with the SD satellite content?

Looks great here.


I will be upgrading to HD satellite this summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I have the HD receiver, but not all channels are HD. I guess just pass "native" the the AVR and it will do the rest. 6ave has a great price on this unit right now, at least I think so...and almost ready to pull the trigger. They have the Yammy 3800 for a couple bucks cheaper so that's why I'm wavering a little..trying to decide which one....but if it does satellite SD good this might be the ticket. They will be paired with Aperion 633s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb71 /forum/post/12900805


Thanks. I have the HD receiver, but not all channels are HD. I guess just pass "native" the the AVR and it will do the rest. 6ave has a great price on this unit right now, at least I think so...and almost ready to pull the trigger. They have the Yammy 3800 for a couple bucks cheaper so that's why I'm wavering a little..trying to decide which one....but if it does satellite SD good this might be the ticket. They will be paired with Aperion 633s.

And just set the 875 HDMI Monitor OUT Resolution to Auto and all will be displayed to the max resolution capable on your TV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help....just ordered this bad boy from 6ave, and I got another 6 percent off plus free shipping. I couldn't pass it up even though I can't use it for over a month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
6Ave.com has Onkyo TX-SR805 7.1-Channel A/V Receiver (Black) for $695 - 6$ coupon CAT6OFF = $653 with free shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweeb /forum/post/12944553


6Ave.com has Onkyo TX-SR805 7.1-Channel A/V Receiver (Black) for $695 - 6$ coupon CAT6OFF = $653 with free shipping.

I saw that yesterday also , went back today to 799.00
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I am also having trouble choosing between the 875 and the 805. The only reason I would get the 875 over the 805 is for the upconversion. I have a satellite receiver with HD channels but am having trouble watching SD channels now. I have never seen upconversion of SD and was wondering how good the upconversion is and also if the upconversion of the HD channels to 1080p make a differance.

Also, does the 805 have decent upconversion?


Thanks!!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top