AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help here...bought the 805 last night, but after doing so, I read a post about the current draw of this amp. The poster stated that is draws about 9.5 amps. Is the 805 always pulling that much current or is it only when it's being cranked to the max? I have 15 amp breakers in my living room. Just a little concerned about the power...

·
Registered
597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlobitz /forum/post/12913036

Need a little help here...bought the 805 last night, but after doing so, I read a post about the current draw of this amp. The poster stated that is draws about 9.5 amps. Is the 805 always pulling that much current or is it only when it's being cranked to the max? I have 15 amp breakers in my living room. Just a little concerned about the power...

I have the 875 with 8 speakers (one powered subwoofer), a PS3 and a Pioneer 6070HD all on one 15 amp circuit (wth breakers) and no sweat.

Don't worry, be happy!

·
Registered
678 Posts
If I remember correctly. P=IV or Watts = Amps X Volts. In this case Volts is roughly 110 and so depending on your Volume setting your total output wattage depends on how much current you will pull. So if the 805 is at 130W X 7 channels that is 910 W. Which would require 910/110 or 8.3 Amp at max volume + a little extra wattage for other parts of the receiver. Just don't plug a hair dryer in the same circuit and you should be fine.

·
Registered
597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Aces /forum/post/12913335

If I remember correctly. P=IV or Watts = Amps X Volts. In this case Volts is roughly 110 and so depending on your Volume setting your total output wattage depends on how much current you will pull. So if the 805 is at 130W X 7 channels that is 910 W. Which would require 910/110 or 8.3 Amp at max volume + a little extra wattage for other parts of the receiver. Just don't plug a hair dryer in the same circuit and you should be fine.

7x130W would apply to all seven channels being driven equally ... I think that may happen with all channel stereo and nothing else since all other modes either diminish the volume to the "surround" speakers or do not use all 7 channels simultaneously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts