AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my 805 for nearly two years, mostly trouble free (had the display resistor problem, which I fixed DIY style
). Well I just noticed (around two days ago) that the volume in the left surround channel was way higher than the other channels in my 5.1 setup. I re-ran audyssey, switched speakers, wires, etc. I even went so far as to run pre-outs for the rear two channels and yet that one channel is running nearly 12db louder. Switching things out leaves me with confirmation that for some reason the left surround channel is now on "high". This is true at speaker level and line level. Any ideas what may have caused this? I did the VCR/DVR+Standby/Power reset and it does not help. As I type this I have removed the plug to see if that may help. My hope is that somehow a setting got applied and stuck making that channel too loud. But it seems like maybe a resistor or something is bad in that one channel since it affects both the line level and speaker level output. Anyone have any ideas or similar experience??

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, anyone know of a more universal or "harder" reset. The VCR/DVR+Standby reset doesn't erase everything as when the power came back on the volume was still set at the same level that was playing prior to the reset. This implies some level of memory is involved and this may be "saving" any problems. Besides unplugging for a long time, anyway to return the receiver to its right out of the box settings??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am so frustrated. This receiver cost me a lot of money, it's doing the exact same thing as stated above. I had family over tonight to watch a movie and now here I am while they're watching the movie with crap sound. Please somebody help with this as I no longer have a warranty on this equipment. Thanks ahead of time.

Peter

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are having the same problem in the same channel? Like the left surround channel is just on full?? How long ago did it start and how long have you had the unit? Anyone else have this problem? Just to give more information, I tried running that channel from the pre-outs to a separate amp. Same problem that channel comes out of the amp about 12db louder than the right one? I'm thinking a resistor may have blown or something like this but I don't even want to look around under the cover until I "KNOW" it isn't a software problem. The weird thing is there was no audible warning, no loud pop or burning smell, just louder output in that surround channel.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I was hoping (sorry) that others may have had this problem and have figured out a solution. As of right now I have switched out the 805 for my back-up receiver, Pioneer 1014 (see a theme?Bang for you buck, Lol.) As good as it sounds, knowing i'm not getting the goodies like HDMI switching and High def audio codecs is killing me!!!!!

Anyone have any ideas?

Yes this is essentially a bump post but I want to keep this up where people can see (and hopefully help).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts