AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice on the Onkyo 805 that it has a 5 band parametric EQ that can help tame some peeks and nulls when it comes to setting up my subwoofer.

Does the Pioneer 92 also have this ability...or is its 9-band EQ strickly for the "speakers".

---My Theater is almost done!!

100inch Matte White DragonFly screen

Mitsubishi HC4900--1080P Projector

Time to save for a new Receiver that has 1080P switching and upscaling and time to save for subwoofer #2!!!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone in the subwoofer forum has to be running one of these receivers and could chime in

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
??

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
I am using the Onkyo 805 with my ED A7S-450. I am happy with the sound and that is why I have not bought a parametric equalizer. The bass is so clear and distinct that I am amazed at how much of an improvement this set up is over my old one. I was using a Denon 3300 and a ported 10" NHT sub and for a few months I used the Onkyo 805 with the NHT sub. The Onkyo 805, RBH Signature Series speakers and ED A7S-450 sub are an excellent match. Kind of hard to A/B test it though to see how much of an improvement it is.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess my question is more aimed at the Pioneer 92...

Does it have an onboard Subwoofer EQ like the Onkyo..

·
Registered
928 Posts
I own the Onkyo 805 and it doesn't have a parametric EQ but it has a graphic eq. Not too useful. The built in Audessy EQ does a better job. Unfortunately you cannot use both at the same time.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the Pio 92 but I've only had it a week or two. I'm still waiting on my A3-300... but looking through the manual it does not appear there is a separate EQ for the subwoofer channel. The EQ for the other channels begin at 63Hz. You can change the channel level, distance etc, and set the SW to "plus" but it doesn't appear there is an EQ for the SW channel. The 805 has EQ bands in the SW channel at 25, 40, 63, 100, and 160 Hz (page 91).

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedracerII /forum/post/12975371

I have the Pio 92 but I've only had it a week or two. I'm still waiting on my A3-300... but looking through the manual it does not appear there is a separate EQ for the subwoofer channel. The EQ for the other channels begin at 63Hz. You can change the channel level, distance etc, and set the SW to "plus" but it doesn't appear there is an EQ for the SW channel. The 805 has EQ bands in the SW channel at 25, 40, 63, 100, and 160 Hz (page 91).

The only thing I like about the Onkyo over the Pioneer is the fact that you can alter the EQ at 25, 40, and 63 hz on the subwoofer channel...

Those frequences need tamed a little to flatten my freq response and the Onkyo would allow me to do that a little bit without having to get a BFD...

Oh well... I like the Pioneer better anyways...plus no lip sync and overheating issues with it like the Onkyo..

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgillyjcu /forum/post/12975968

The only thing I like about the Onkyo over the Pioneer is the fact that you can alter the EQ at 25, 40, and 63 hz on the subwoofer channel...

Those frequences need tamed a little to flatten my freq response and the Onkyo would allow me to do that a little bit without having to get a BFD...

Oh well... I like the Pioneer better anyways...plus no lip sync and overheating issues with it like the Onkyo..

The over heating issue with the 805 occurred with people that did not allow the required ventilation specified in the owner's manual. I have not read the 805 thread in a few months, but up till then I read every post. I only remember one person that said his overheated and he had provided the required ventilation space.

As far as lip sync I am not experiencing a problem with it. I am running HDMI and most of the people that had lip sync problems were not using HDMI.

I am using Audyssey with my 805 and it works well in my room.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I haven't found an EQ for the sub on my 92.

As far as heat goes, she is barely warm. My old Onkyo 602 saved me from putting my gas fireplace on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts