AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off: Happy New Year to you!!!!!

My initial plan was to use my NAD T773 to power my surrounds & to buy a new pre-pro for the new audio formats & a few bells & whistles. However the NAD has given me nothing but problems & after being in for repair already, (that's a story for another day!!) I've lost all confidence in the piece. My game plan has now changed.

So, it's time for a new receiver & I like the Onkyo TX-SR806. But from reading the specs, it doesn't mention anything about being able to handle a 4ohm speaker load. Pioneer Elite also looks very nice but again no mention of handling a 4ohm load.The new unit only has to power my surrounds (Polk LSiFX) speakers. I have a dedicated amp for my mains & center. I really just need a new unit for the new audio formats & a few bells & whistles & to power the LSiFX speakers. Any other AVR suggestions you might throw my way would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsall001 /forum/post/15432146

First off: Happy New Year to you!!!!!

My initial plan was to use my NAD T773 to power my surrounds & to buy a new pre-pro for the new audio formats & a few bells & whistles. However the NAD has given me nothing but problems & after being in for repair already, (that's a story for another day!!) I've lost all confidence in the piece. My game plan has now changed.

So, it's time for a new receiver & I like the Onkyo TX-SR806. But from reading the specs, it doesn't mention anything about being able to handle a 4ohm speaker load. Pioneer Elite also looks very nice but again no mention of handling a 4ohm load.The new unit only has to power my surrounds (Polk LSiFX) speakers. I have a dedicated amp for my mains & center. I really just need a new unit for the new audio formats & a few bells & whistles & to power the LSiFX speakers. Any other AVR suggestions you might throw my way would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What specs are you reading? It says 4 ohm capable on the onkyo site. All THX Ultra2 receivers can handle 4ohm loads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.