AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just got a Onkyo 818 receiver yesterday and the following are the connections:

BD/DVD slot - WD TV

Cbl/Sat : Dish TV

Game 1 : PS3

The output is HDMI to a Samsung TV in 1080p mode.

When I switch on the system to BD/DVD input, the receiver flashes 'no signal'. When I press instapreview, the background comes correct as that of the WDTV and the previes for CBL/SAT shows Dish TV. When I click on the preview, screen becomes blank and the receiver flashes 'no signal'.

At this time, I change the input to D/DVD and its the same 'no signal'. Click on instapreview, WD TV comes back on...

What's going on??

·
Registered
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramanat  /t/1470059/onkyo-818-input-sources-issues#post_23247854

Hi, just got a Onkyo 818 receiver yesterday and the following are the connections:

BD/DVD slot - WD TV

Cbl/Sat : Dish TV

Game 1 : PS3

The output is HDMI to a Samsung TV in 1080p mode.

When I switch on the system to BD/DVD input, the receiver flashes 'no signal'. When I press instapreview, the background comes correct as that of the WDTV and the previes for CBL/SAT shows Dish TV. When I click on the preview, screen becomes blank and the receiver flashes 'no signal'.

At this time, I change the input to D/DVD and its the same 'no signal'. Click on instapreview, WD TV comes back on...

What's going on??

Not sure if this is the issue but I know with some of my sources the HDMI handshake takes anywhere from 15-30 seconds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I left them both on for as long as they wanted

Still no luck. Think I must have left them to 'discover' each other for maybe 5 minutes!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts